Educated Life Choices Accessibility Policy
At Educated Life Choices, we’re committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We seek to provide a website experience that everyone, including persons with disabilities, can utilize and enjoy equally. If you experience any difficulty in accessing any part of this website, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We will work with you to provide the information, item, or transaction you seek through an alternate communication method or one that is accessible for you. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing as we implement relevant improvements to exceed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines ("WCAG") over time.
1. ACCESSIBILITY CONTACT INFORMATION
We welcome your questions about our Accessibility Policy and comments on how we can improve our website’s accessibility. Please send your questions or comments to Educated Life Choices by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at 131 Madison Ave, Morristown, NJ 07976, Suite 110.
2. OUR EFFORTS TO PROVIDE AN ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE
To provide accessibility, we have taken the following actions:
- We have adopted a web accessibility policy.
- Measures have been taken to ensure that you are able to:
- Resize text, adjust text spacing, and change fonts by adjusting browser settings (for example, this can be done in the appearance settings in Chrome or in Firefox’s preferences).
- Have sufficient color contrast on all areas of the site. You can change colors by adjusting the browser settings. Typically, this can be done in the appearance settings, such as the font and color preferences in Firefox. There are also plug-ins that work with certain browsers, such as Change Colors on Google Chrome.
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard and access all interactive elements.
- Skip directly to main content and skip long lists of links.
- Zoom in at least 200%. Text will reflow so it can be presented without loss of information or functionality.
- Use the content in your desired orientation, landscape or portrait layouts.
- Listen and use the website with a screen reader (ex. NVDA, VoiceOver, JAWS).
- Understand page hierarchy due to proper heading structure and the reading order being set correctly.
- Utilize text-to-speech tools on the platform and with PDF content. There are many browser plug-in tools (such as Natural Reader for Chrome) that work on our website. Some technology has text-to-speech software built into the device’s accessibility settings.
- Access alternative text for images that are a part of the interface. Content contributed directly by us will display any supplied alternative text and descriptions of content.
- Understand link destinations without surrounding context.
Meaningful images that are part of the interface have a text alternative. Some of the images are intended to create a specific sensory experience in a way that words cannot fully capture. These images are contributed by us and third-parties, and the quality of the text alternatives will vary, depending on the contributing source. Images may have informational text alternatives which convey descriptive information about the image. Some images may have additional descriptive text (e.g., a “description” metadata field).
3. ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS
To make our digital offerings accessible, Educated Life Choices strives to conform with at a minimum, WCAG 2.0 AA.
4. MAINTAINING ACCESSIBILITY
We committed to maintaining accessibility. This includes conducting yearly web accessibility audits.
Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website (internally and independently) to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
5. APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Through our genuine and good faith commitment to accessibility, we believe our website voluntarily meets the accessibility standards of Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA").
6. ACCESSIBILITY REQUESTS AND FEEDBACK
Educated Life Choices is committed to accessibility and we welcome your accessibility requests and suggestions on how we can improve the accessibility of our website and stores. You can
- email us your suggestions email@example.com or write to us at 131 Madison Ave, Morristown, NJ 07976, Suite 110 or call us at 908-801-1168
7. HELPFUL RESOURCES
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources:
How to find and use a screen reader.
Screen readers are text-to-speech software that allow people to read and interact with content in different ways. Many people who cannot perceive what is on the screen will use them to allow audible access to web content. Educated Life Choices codes for accessibility. We strive to ensure that our content is accessible to screen readers.
There are both free and paid options of screen readers available for Windows and Mac computers, as well as for common browsers, including Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
Screen readers accept input in a variety of ways, but one of the most common forms is through your keyboard. By pressing the down arrow in JAWS, for example, you are able navigate through items on the page. JAWS will also accept Braille input.